Terry Brock is an amazing guy. He’s an in-demand global speaker, consultant and author with an impressive track record of making his clients successful. Terry was elected by his peers into the National Speakers Association’s Speakers Hall of Fame. His greatest accomplishment though, is that he is one of the most likable people you’ll ever meet.
In this podcast (which you can watch or listen to here, or listen on iTunes) Terry shares some wisdom on entrepreneurship. After working with myriad top corporations, Terry knows what it takes to thrive in the ever changing business world.
By the way, his book, Klout Matters, which he co-authored with Gina Carr, is a must-read for anyone in business today.
Specifically, in this episode you will learn:
- How to adopt an entrepreneur mentality, even when you work for someone else
- How working to be “The Best” can help you to get ahead
- The key to overcoming a weakness or deficit in your skills
- How knowing the difference between an “injury” and “being hurt” apply to life
- Balancing your own knowledge by surrounding yourself with a team of experts
- How to use Klout to measure your social influence
- Why social media is no longer optional
- How social media can get you into trouble professionally
- How to maintain relationships in the age of busy
- The counter-intuitive attitude for personal success and achievement
- Why trying to do what is “fair” doesn’t work
That which does not kill me makes me stronger. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Pour the coins of your purse into your mind, and your mind will overflow your purse with coin. – Ben Franklin
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Terry Brock’s website: www.TerryBrock.com
- Terry’s latest book: Klout Matters: How to Engage Customers, Boost Your Digital Influence–and Raise Your Klout Score for Success
- Book: Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder (Incerto) by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- 8 Weeks to SEALFIT: A Navy SEAL’s Guide to Unconventional Training for Physical and Mental Toughness
by Mark Divine
- The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness, Third Edition (Includes DVD): Updated for Today’s Warrior Eliteby Stewart Smith
- Atlas Shrugged
by Ayn Rand
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you learned anything of value, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. Also, any reviews you post on iTunes are extremely appreciated. Downloads and reviews are the fuel that keeps this podcast going. To post a review please click here, and then click on “View in iTunes.” When your iTune software or app opens, click on “Ratings and Reviews.”
Thanks so much for taking the time. If you have any questions about this or any other podcast, please email me.