Margarita Gurri, PhD, CSP is a category-busting Motivational Humorist tackling life’s messiness with humor and a lifetime of practical wisdom gleaned from over thirty years of consulting with individuals, corporations, governments, athletes, and all branches of our U.S. Military. She playfully and skillfully uses therapeutic humor to heal and energize individuals, systems, and teams. Affectionately referred to as “the Red Shoe Lady,” “Do-over Diva,” “Uh-oh Queen,” and “Crisis Coach,” Dr. Margarita Gurri, is relied upon when discretion and swift thoughtful action can save the day.
Specifically, in this episode you will learn:
- The Red Shoe Attitude
- How the Big Red Couch is a lesson for mindfulness
- The difference between a job and a career
- How consider either passion or a lack of passion in your work
- How to invite excellence into your life
- How we sink ourselves by not setting the right goals
- How anger can give you the opportunity to be the best version of yourself
- How to harness fear and anger
- How bringing little bits of joy into your day have a big impact
- The definition of emotional maturity
- How each of us is the bully, the victim, and the hero
- Polite shut-ups
I wouldn’t have to hit you if you weren’t so annoying (you’ll hear the story that goes along with it). -Margarita’s daughter (who was 5 y.o. when she said it)
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Contact Dr. Gurri: 954-609-9904
- Twitter @
- Book: Anglican Prayer Beads: Prayer for Joyful Journeys by Dr. Margarita Gurri
- Book: Trilogy of Anger: Communication Aikido: Take Back Your Power with Boundaries, Expectations and Skill by Dr. Margarita Gurri
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you learned anything of value, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. Also, any reviews you post on iTunes are extremely appreciated. Downloads and reviews are the fuel that keeps this podcast going. To post a review please click here, and then click on “View in iTunes.” When your iTune software or app opens, click on “Ratings and Reviews.”
Thanks so much for taking the time. If you have any questions about this or any other podcast, please email me.