Gaby Cora, M.D. works with executives who need to hit the ground running. She’s is an international speaker, corporate consultant, executive coach, medical doctor with an MBA, and TV personality. Dr. Cora has been the Wellness expert on Mission Makeover on Lifetime Television and has appeared on national FOX, CNN, Lifetime (English); Telemundo, and Univision (Spanish). She has been a speaker and consultant with The Coca-Cola Company, Microsoft, The World Bank, Deloitte, The Department of Defense, and the insurance and the pharmaceutical industries. With diverse interests and experience, this former researcher at the prestigious National Institutes of Health and guest professor at the School of Business Administration at the University of Miami has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Forbes, Time, and Business Week. Dr. Cora is the author of ExecutiveHealth.com‘s Leading Under Pressure (Career Press, 2010) and Alpha Female Leader (2008).
Specifically, in this episode you will learn:
- The main causes and symptoms of “burnout”
- How to put your health ahead of your job (and you’ll learn the price for not doing so)
- To recognize the red flags that your health needs attention
- What to do when you can’t take time off
- Why if you can’t control your time as a corporate employee, you won’t be able to do it as an entrepreneur
- How the rest and relaxation you seek on a vacation can actually harm you
- Red flags that tell you your relationships need attention
- How not to lose the purpose of why you work hard in the first place
- How to maintain your energy levels as an entrepreneur with the four pillars of health
- How much exercise you need for it to have a positive impact on your health
- How to maintain your productivity and sleep at night when you’re making the leap to entrepreneurship
If you don’t settle for anything but the best, you’ll very often get it. – W. Somerset Maugham
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Dr. Cora’s Website
- Book – ExecutiveHealth.com’s Leading Under Pressure: Strategies to Avoid Burnout, Increase Energy, and Improve Your Well-being by Gabriela Cora, M.D.
- Book – Alpha Female: Leader of a Pack of Bitches – Winning Strategies to Become an Outstanding Leader by Gabriela Cora, M.D.
- Book – The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Dr. Cora’s TEDx Talk
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you learned anything of value, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. Also, any reviews you post on iTunes are extremely appreciated. Downloads and reviews are the fuel that keeps this podcast going. To post a review please click here, and then click on “View in iTunes.” When your iTune software or app opens, click on “Ratings and Reviews.”
Thanks so much for taking the time. If you have any questions about this or any other podcast, please email me.