Dale Irvin is the world’s only Professional Summarizer. And he’s amazing at it… so good in fact that he earns his full-time living doing it. Dale offers a unique perspective on Life’s Big 3. Plus he shares his own journey so you’ll know how he went from corporate employee to becoming The Professional Summarizer by doing what he loves.
Specifically, in this episode you will learn:
- The benefits of making business meetings fun
- How some people’s success in a sales business, for example, is directly proportional to …
- How Dale struggled as a stand-up comedian and hit the big time by changing his audience
- How to appeal to a woman by making her laugh
- The answer to the question: “Can anyone be funny?”
- How to find humor in life (and a very funny example of something where you just can’t help but laugh)
- Why you should try to make somebody laugh every day
- An interesting perspective on what to do when you hate your job
- The mindset that enabled Dale to succeed after getting fired from his job and becoming a comedian (while having a wife and a four-year-old to support)
- How to maintain the important relationships in your life when career travel keeps you away from home
- How you can improve all of Life’s Big 3 with laughter
Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Dale Irvin’s Website
- Dale’s Books:
- The Friday Funnies (you’ve got to check this out!)
- Twitter: @prosummarizer
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you learned anything of value, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. Also, any reviews you post on iTunes are extremely appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time. If you have any questions about this or any other podcast, please email them to me. Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and you don’t want to miss the valuable information in my monthly newsletter.