What is your brand? Are you sure?
Everyone talks about branding, but the reality is that you don’t have as much control over your brand as you might think. You might be shocked to learn that it’s not your logo or jingle that creates your brand.
In this edition of The I’m Giving Notice Podcast, branding expert Bruce Turkel reveals the truth about branding and how you can influence your business and personal brand. He discusses how it impacts your relationships and how to create strategies to give you more brand control.
As a bonus, Bruce shares some valuable tips on how to manage your health when you’re a busy professional and more…
Specifically, in this episode you will learn:
- Common misconceptions about a brand
- What is a brand?
- How to control the way a brand is perceived with brand strategy
- When the brand isn’t clear, people will go somewhere else
- Why everyone has a “personal brand,” how it affects the way people see you, and how you can control your personal brand
- The number one mandatory rule for building a brand
- Why building your personal brand around yourself is a bad idea
- A simple strategy for building a great personal brand
- The critical importance of authenticity in a brand
- Bruce’s non-secret for maintaining good health with a crazy-busy schedule
- How to remove the obstacles that interfere with healthy habits
- How to pair with others for accountability
- Simple eating strategies to prevent you from eating junk food
- How to escape in the moment with “flow”
- The myth of balance between your personal life and your business
- The difference between tools and strategies and not to confuse them
You can’t bluff a man who’s not paying attention.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
The Mouth of the South by Bruce Turkel
The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century by George Friedman
Bruces Blog: TurkelTalks
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Thanks again for listening to the show. If you learned anything of value, please share it using the social media buttons on this page. Also, any reviews you post on iTunes are extremely appreciated. Downloads and reviews are the fuel that keeps this podcast going. To post a review please click here, and then click on “View in iTunes.” When your iTune software or app opens, click on “Ratings and Reviews.”
Thanks so much for taking the time. If you have any questions about this or any other podcast, please email me.